We located some items that you would want to check before we get into our regular wet fall season
- Test your sump pump. Make sure that there is a vercial float switch and a couple times a year by dumping water into the basing and make sure it is working properly.
- Check the weep holes of your windows. Some windows have weep holes to keep water from sitting at the frame's bottom channel. These can get clogged with debris and bugs, simply sun some water through to make sure they are flowing.
- Clean Coils of Refrigerator. Refrigerator condenser coils can get clogged with cobwebs, dust or pet hair. This can cause the compressor to work harder and shorten the life of your refrigerator. A coil cleaning brush and a vacuum can do a thorough job.
- Drain the water heater. Sediments collect at the bottom of a water heater tank and need to be drained at least once a year to avoid damage to the water heater.
- Lubricate the Garage Door Springs. A bad day is when you get up to go to work and your garage door won't open with piles of snow on the other side. Lubing the springs on the garage door will help them last longer and work better.
- Clean outside dryer vents. A plugged dryer vent can casue the dryer to not work efficeintly or even cause a house fire. Lent can also encourage pests to nest causing a clogged situation.
If you have tips of other items of your home that you check to prepare for winter - let us know we would be happy to add them to our list.